First Adventures in Women’s Fiction 1: planning and writing your novel
Tutor: Best selling novelist Kate Harrison
Duration: 6 weeks
Suitable for: students who are embarking on their first novel length project. All students must be willing to share their work and also spend time commenting on other people’s work.
- The first spark – what book do you want to write
- Developing your idea
- Plotting and story-telling
- Dialogue and style
- Tension and pace
- Editing and revising
- Selling 1: pitches, plots and titles
- Selling 2: agents, editors and the path to publication
- Next steps in writing: keeping going, dealing with the knockbacks, taking feedback, planning your next book
1 lesson per week with exercises, full reading list, online community/critique group with regular weekly input and comments from Kate, 1 online ‘live’ group discussion per week, plus one final tutorial to be read and critiqued by Kate privately, though students will be encouraged to share their tutorial and comments to help others learn.
For more information and start dates email